Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quick floor wash!

I'm back!

It's been a long blogging hiatus. (Blogiatus? Anyone want to help me out there?) But I am back with something so wonderful, so exciting, that I just had to share.

One thing I've missed since I embarked on this whole green journey is having a quick and easy way to mop floors. Time was, I had one of those mops that squirted some kind of noxious chemical bleach stuff on my floor, and I used it almost every day. Crazy! Man, how times have changed. How I have changed.

But I've missed the convenience of it. And let's face it – I really like my high-maintenance floor cleaner but I don't always have time for the washing and rinsing. If I spill chocolate sauce all over the floor (it's happened, don't judge), I want to be able to get it off the floor quickly and easily.

Here's what you need. I'm not even going to bother illustrating this one. It doesn't get easier:
1 c. Water
1 c. White vinegar
10 drops peppermint essential oil

Shake it all up in a repurposed squeeze bottle, squirt it on the floor, and mop away! Obviously, it's easily doubled or tripled.

Have fun and know you're getting it done fast – and safely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That peppermint essential oil sounds lovely. So many scents are bugging me these days. :-(