Saturday, February 21, 2009

Epsom salt soak

This is going to be quick. I'm working two jobs (a week ago yesterday, I had none) so I need to buckle down. But: A (maybe) illin' friend reminds me to post this recipe for an Epsom salt soak that purports to provide a good detox bath. The idea is, you soak out the toxins (i.e., viruses) that are building and, with luck, the symptoms will disappear. I got this from an herbalist who came to speak to the holistic mamas (oh wise holistic mamas, what was her name?).

1/3 c. Epsom salt
1/3 c. hydrogen peroxide
8 c. chamomile tea (one bag per cup)

Pour all ingredients into a hot tub of water and soak until the water is no longer warm. If you have sensitive skin, don't splash it on your face.

I post this with the caveat that I have not tried it because (knock on wood) I haven't been sick since I got this recipe. What do you guys think of Epsom salt? How about throwing in the hydrogen peroxide? Is it too much? Either way, anything that can stave off illness for relatively little money is worth its weight in gold.

2 comments:

FreedomH said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog, but I'm sad to see you've stopped blogging :(

Robin said...

Oh, thanks for the sweet comment! I've been bogged down in minutiae. I will revive it, eventually, I promise.